Jamie D Design Blog
October is Rose Month! Time to Enjoy the beauty of this special rewarding flowers. What better way to enjoy the romance of the garden than by growing roses? Rose gardening has gotten a bad wrap in recent years. Growing roses doesn’t have to be a challenge. Chose the right roses for your growing conditions and you’re half way to having a spectacular rose garden. Learn the basics of caring for roses and your rose bushes will be the envy of the neighbourhood! Phone Jamie D Landscaping today to get your rose garden designed! Here is 25 tips to look after your rose garden.
1. When pruning roses make sure to sharpen your pruning shears...
Jamie D Landscaping is exhibiting at the Garden World Spring Festival. Our garden called The Living Roof has won a gold award for excellence. Visit our stand and get inspired to create a small space or rooftop garden into a masterpiece. Visit Garden World at 91 Beyers Naude Dr Muldersdrift and get inspiration from top designer gardens and the Chelsea Flower Show 2015!
1. If its getting cold and you have tomatoes still ripening on the vine — save your tomatoes! Pull the plants up and bring them inside to a warm dry place. Hang them up, and the tomatoes will ripen on the vine.
2. Keep garden vegetables from getting dirty by spreading a 1-2 inch layer of mulch (untreated by pesticides or fertilizers) around each plant. This will also help keep the weeds down.
3. Paint the handles of your gardens tools a bright, colour other than green to help you find them amongst your plants. You can also keep a mailbox in your garden for easy tool storage.
4. Compost needs time to integrate and...
The vertical garden is a way of creating stunning environmental masterpieces of living art on your wall. This is especially useful in urban lifestyle of modern society where people do not have the space to create a large beautiful garden. The vertical garden can not only be a masterpiece of living art but also has some advantages when used in different ways. Firstly the vertical garden can aid in the temperature control of buildings. In urban areas there is a heat build-up due to the solar radiation that is absorbed by the roads and buildings. Plants cool the atmosphere by means of transpiration. It is however not always practical to...
Who said you need a garden to be able to garden? These blog posts are dedicated to garden lovers without gardens. Thousands of people live in flats and do not have the space to garden. Well don’t fret! Jamie D has great ideas how to have a garden even if you don’t have any space for a garden! Follow our posts and you will get some amazing ideas for your green thumb!! For those who have a brown thumb Jamie D will be posting some lovely ideas on gardening made easy. Watch this space for easy ideas to bring a green into your living space! No matter the size of the space!!